Summer is an exciting time when we want to do as much as possible. But if we are not careful, it is easy for our hair to become as dry as the weather!
Here are a few tips to keep your hair moist throughout the summer:
- If you are going to be under the sun on a hot day for an extended period of time, wear a loosely fitting hat to protect your hair from damage.
- Avoid combing your hair when it is frizzy and tangled. The best time to comb is after conditioning, after your hair has dried; as hair is much more fragile when it is wet.
- Let your hair air dry. Take advantage of the warm weather! Throw in the towel and put a stop to the aggressive drying.
- Deep condition at least once a week with a deep-conditioning formula. Ingredients with natural oils, avocado, olive and shea butter are all great for promoting lush hair.
- As usual, avoid hot hair styling tools like straighteners, curlers, and hair dryers. The air is hot enough, why add the extra stress to your hair?
- Drink plenty of water! Your hair is healthy when your body is healthy. Stay hydrated and you can prevent dryness from the inside out.
By following these hot weather tips you can maintain moisturized hair and ensure that at the end of the summer season your hair does not fall with the leaves! We would love to hear from you and answer any questions you have. Feel free to contact us today to schedule a FREE confidential consultation!